One of the most attractive things about The Petite Boutiques is that you don't have to be on-site to have a business here - you don't even have to live in Florida... All you need is the drive to succeed and be willing to learn! Downtown Melbourne is the backdrop for our location, in a historic landmark building that currently hosts over 40 small retail business entrepreneurs. We've become a bit of a family here, and are always learning from each other and the more seasoned boutique owners.
If you have a finer product to sell, but you don't want the hassle of all the usual "overhead" costs & details associated with launching and owning a small business, then simply follow this process:
1. Review our "Getting Started" document to make sure your business qualifies, then ask yourself: "Am I willing to attend to my space at least once a week, and be flexible enough to change as needed?" If the answer is YES, then proceed to step 2.
2. If possible, stop in to see what spaces are available, if any (you may need to get on our waiting list). If you decide you'd like to join us, we'll then schedule an appointment to see your product and get to know you a little bit. You, "The Partners", are as important to us as your product. We strive for a team atmosphere where Partners help and look out for each other. No one here is in competition with another Partner (or shouldn't be!).
3. If it looks like a good match, we'll collect a security deposit, send you home with a "Partner Packet" - and you're on your way!
As a Partner at The Petite Boutiques, you'll enjoy the camaraderie of fellow entrepreneurs, and the following benefits associated with "Teamwork Marketing" and the connection to a retail group:
1. Your refundable security deposit in the amount of one month's rent
2. Your monthly rent - based on the size of your space
3. Your annual liability insurance policy (most dealers are being charged less than $150/Year)
4. The commission we collect for all transaction handling.
5. Advertising assessments. With the power of so many partners, we are able to do more impactful advertising when everyone contributes a little! In this atmosphere, you'll get a lot more "bang for your buck" than you would if you were trying to advertise on your own!
THAT's IT! - No payroll, no workman's comp, no utilities, no tangible taxes - we cover all of that with your commission!
Optional Fees: You may purchase or rent fixtures and shelving from us. If you have your own, that's okay too!